Monday, April 22, 2013

Just a few meds...

I have been looking at majority of the meds that are used for Infertility & IVF. I am trying to get a feel of what meds I will be taking and how they will react. I have been reading all of the side effects and am not really that scared anymore, just nervous!

Here is a list of IVF Medications and what they do. I know I will be taking at least 4 of these...

Prenatal Vitamins - Prepares the body for conception and balances out nutrition deficiencies.

Baby Aspirin - Minimizes the chance of miscarriage.

Birth Control Pills - Regulates menstruation prior to an IVF cycle.

Zithromax - Helps prevent infection and harmful bacteria.

Clomid or Femara (generic Letrozele) - Inhibits estrogen to increase the release of follicle stimulating hormone, resulting in higher rates of ovulation and pregnancy.

Repronex - Provides follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone that help stimulate healthy ovaries*

Bravelle, Follistim, Gonal-F or Menopur - Controls the timing of egg maturation, allowing more follicles to be produced*

Ganirelix - Controls ovulation by rapidly suppressing the production and action of the luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone.

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) - induces ovulation or the release of eggs in the ovaries and is the hormone produced by an embryo shortly after conception.

Novarel (hCG) - Stimulates the release of eggs in the ovaries.

Estrogen - Stimulates growth of the lining of the uterus.

Progesterone - Prepares the lining of the uterus for implantation and fosters gestation, helping to achieve and maintain pregnancy.

Lupron - Controls ovulation by briefly increasing and then suppressing the production and action of the luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone.

--------------------------------------------------------

Since I have been getting a lot of feedback on my Facebook, I have decided to start a Facebook Page. I was flooding my facebook with all of the blog entries. So now they will just go to the facebook page :) If you would like to follow, just click here!


 photo Signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment