Friday, March 14, 2014

Padsicles...

So a few months ago I was on Pinterest and stumbled upon a pin about “Padsicles.” I was really intrigued about the whole thing. With my first, I had a 3rd degree tear and needed 15 stitches. I don’t think my lady parts had ever hurt that bad before. I didn’t have anything to use except some Dermaplast and Witch Hazel Tucks Pads. My other two deliveries were a piece of cake and only needed a few stitches. Since I will be delivering my Surro Babe within a month, I thought to myself, why not make a few of these for when I get home from the hospital! They are so easy to make and you only need 5 Items!


Pads: I used the Always Maxi Overnights with Flex Wings. They are big enough to hold the liquid, but small enough that you don’t feel like you have a mattress between your legs.

Aloe Vera Gel: You need the gel, not the liquid.

Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel: You can use the regular Witch Hazel, but make sure it is Alcohol Free! The Rose Petal was the only one that the store had.

Lavender Essential Oil or Tea Tree Oil: I grabbed both. I used the Lavender a lot more than the Tea Tree, just because of how strong the smell was.

Ziploc Freezer Bags: I was able to put 12 pads in a bag. I am sure you can squeeze more into them, I just didn’t want the stuff to ooze out of them.

***I have a Midwife Friend who also said the Herb Sitz Bath is great on the pads instead of the lavender and tea tree oil. So you can use either one!

Instructions:

Step 1: Open the pad, but make sure you keep the backing intact.


Step 2: Squirt about 2-3 teaspoons of the Witch Hazel onto the pad.

Step 3: Add a few drops of the Lavender/Tea Tree Oil onto the pad. (Optional)


Step 4: Add a liberal amount of Aloe Vera Gel onto the pad. Make sure you rub it around evenly on the pad.



Step 5: Wrap the pads back up and put them into the Ziploc Freezer Bag. Once your bag is full, stick it in the freezer! Make sure that if you are making a lot, put the date and the order of the bags. (1st Batch, 2nd Batch, etc..)




When you are ready to use the Padsicles, make sure you let them defrost for about 5-10 minutes. You don’t want it freezing to your skin! I am really excited to use these after the birth. I have heard a lot of great things about these little suckers! These are supposed to really help the healing of your lady parts. You will want to sit on a few towels while wearing these. They will leak a little. 



 photo Signature.png

2 comments:

  1. I actually pictured you opening up the pad and squeezing the gel inside. I would be worried about the aloe vera stinging on any abrasions??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it work out for you??

    ReplyDelete